SMITHBITS RADIO MAGAZINE

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stacey Dash - Where are you?



MEMPHIS TN (IFS) -- Ms. Dash, we heard your voice loud and clear, and thank goodness for the freedom of choice and the freedom of free speech,  that all of us are allowed to share in this great country. However, since the election season, we have not heard one word from you, or any appearances in film, television or print in some time. You are a treasure and much loved. I hope to see you on the big screen or a TV scene very soon. I miss you. - KHS


Stacey began her 1300 word declaration before the election results were final and finished after the winner was announced.

You can go here to download the entire text, where Stacey explains her choice to endorse Mitt Romney in great detail, but here’s the gist of it,

At the end of the day we are in this together. This is Our American Family. I do not want to be a part of the hateful voices insulting each other. I want to be a part of the voices that helps shape the future. Don’t you? Perhaps I publicly endorsed Romney from a slightly naive place, thinking that I could speak my voice without being criticized in such racially charged and hateful tones.

People get it wrong. My vote for Romney isn’t a vote against Obama. That’s not how full participants in the democratic process operate. We vote for candidates and we vote for issues.

I’ve been fortunate enough in my career to have earned a considerable income. I am a fiscal conservative. I like the simplicity of the plan to lower taxes. I feel I’ve paid out a substantial amount over the 20 plus years I’ve been working. I’m also a woman. And as a single Mother who happens to be half-Bajan and half-Mexican, I have concerns, which cover many topics and issues.

I know that what Stacey Dash thinks about who will be the next president of the United States isn’t that important in the scheme of things- but I feel a desperation for the country. The fact is, that when the two parties are not working together, it makes things worse! Bring me a leader from either party that can get this unstuck. Non-partisanship is what will get Americans back to work and the homeless back on their feet. Whoever is the next president must break gridlock and do the will of the people. Stop pandering to partisan politics while our great nation flounders.

Ten hours later

President Obama has been re -elected. I congratulate him. No he was not my choice, but he was the choice of the majority of our country. I do respect and appreciate that the country came together to make a choice. So for that I applaud Americans. Although I am disappointed that Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan did not win. I am hopeful that President Obama will lead us to becoming the great UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that thrives.