SMITHBITS RADIO MAGAZINE

Monday, July 12, 2010

LIMON CO (IFS) -  As a youngster in the music business in the Antelope Valley of California, I would spent much of my time hanging out in Palmdale at Glenn Records, where I would learn the trade of making records.  I loved my training.  Glen MacArthur, a proven record producer who worked with Merrell Fankhauser, George Weston, Sandy Nelson, James Burton, Red Foley, Farron Young, Merle Haggard, Buck and Bonnie Owens and the Tally Records artists in nearby Bakersfield.  This particular day, I decided to play hooky from school and headed off to the studio just to hang around and bother Glen.  But this day was a special day, upon arriving at the studio that early morning, I was to find two artists, one by the name of Porter Wagoner and a young Dolly Parton setting up in the studio to work on a couple of songs as a demo.  One of those songs, I remember was "A Coat Of Many Colors".  Glenn was eager enough to kick me out of the studio, but this young sweet lady, asked Glenn to let me stay, as it would be later on in a conversation, then she remembered me from the early days at Cousin's Herb Henson's television show in the barn in Bakersfield, California.  So if you every wondered why I love these artists so very much, it's because, they first loved me.

No comments: