SMITHBITS RADIO MAGAZINE

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Deleting Secrets - When Did The United States Secret Service Go Political

 


APACHE JUNCTION AZ (IFS) -- Everyone has been patiently waiting for this writer to say something, anything about the powers that be.  From that grand movie line by Dorthy from The Wizard Of Oz, " . . . Toto, We are not in Kansas Anymore."

As a young driver of a One Star General when I got my first assignment "straight outta basic".  This General's chief of staff, pulled me aside, and gave me these instructions, "Don't you get into any accidents at all with this officer, and if you do, I'm pulling you in jail first, Airman." Other than keeping his vehicle, polished and full of gas, this writer had to keep a log of the General's appointments and record the day and times, his vehicle left the US Government base, and the distance traveled on State roads.

As a member of the military with a security clearance, and if this writer had to destroy any classified document and/or classified equipment, the signatures of my first sergeant and squadron commander had to sign off first.



No comments: